Kids Series Levels 1 & 2 for ages 6-12
The Level 1 series classes encourages children to learn beginner yoga postures with fun names such as tree, butterfly, frog, spider, lion, pigeon, cobra and wheel. These imaginative classes allow kids to be themselves in a fun, non-competitive and creative environment. Each class features a fun yoga game, such as “Yogi says,” “Freeze Pose,” “Roller Coaster” etc. The class is rounded out with breath work, mindfulness and guided relaxation suitable for children.
The Level 2 series introduces the child to more challenging postures, such as headstand and dancer. While still fun and imaginative, children will learn sun salutations that are typical in any adult yoga class. Postures that require more coordination and strength are also introduced during this level 2 class.
Children who are introduced to yoga at a young age are able to easily transition into the regular classes offered at Bleu Lotus, starting as early as age 12.
- With Vesna Bukur
- Thursdays 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- September 7th to November 2nd
- Level 2 for Ages 7-12 (may be suitable for some 6 year olds)
- $80 for 8 week series. May be prorated if joining late, depending on space availability.
- Drop-ins $14. Please sign up directly on the schedule page here.
A free class for school teams and troops
Bleu Lotus is proud to offer scout troops and school sports teams a free introductory group yoga class. Many troops and teams from area schools have learned all about yoga from their visit to Bleu Lotus. Please call or email Lynda with your request for a free 65 minute class for your troop or team. We require a minimum of 10 children or teens, two weeks advance notice and classes are scheduled between 3:00 and 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
Birthday Parties at Bleu Lotus Yoga
Looking for something different this year? Consider scheduling your child’s next birthday party with us. Our parties are a blast and kids will leave learning something new and fun. Here’s what you will receive:
- 90 minutes use of the studio (additional time available)
- 60 minute yoga instruction geared specifically towards age range, including yoga games
- Space available for outside food & cake
- Cost: $125.00 (additional time $20 per 15 minutes)